The Theoretical Concepts of Mineral Resource Estimation training course will take delegates through the workflow steps from exploration grassroots to the end of a mineral resource estimation study.
The aim of this training is to understand the theory behind a Mineral Resource Estimation workflow.
The modules and concepts listed below will be covered in this course. There will also be ample time for Q&A during each session.
MODULE 1 – Exploration for a Mineral Resource Estimation study
MODULE 2 – Database and Geological Modelling
MODULE 3 – Block modelling and Classical Grade Interpolation
MODULE 4 – Geostatistics
MODULE 5 – Reporting
The concepts reviewed on this course are:
- Exploration for a mineral resource estimation study
- Sampling QAQC
- Database integrity
- Density database
- Geological modelling for a mineral resource estimation study
- EDA – Exploratory data analysis
- Top Cut
- Block Model
- Search Neighbourhood
- Grade Interpolation: Inverse Distance Weighting
- Geostatistics – Semivariograms
- Grade Interpolation: Ordinary Kriging
- Grade Interpolation: Multiple Indicator Kriging
- Global and Local Validation